Monday, June 29, 2009

More radishes and lettuce. First harvest!

Well, I harvested the first "real" radish from the garden yesterday. It looked good. I gave it to Christine and she tasted it and liked it, and give me a bit.

So no matter what, I can say my garden produced something.

I planted a new small bed of radishes between rows 2 and 3 of the corn/squash/beans. Also more simpson lettuce, after digging up and raking some large bare areas amid the successful lettuce. It's good to keep planting lettuce and radishes, to have a constant harvest.

The winter squash and corn are doing well, and the French climbing beans look like they may make up for lost time.

The pumpkin plants, or two of them are doing great. I'll need to transplant the runt to an area where it isn't shaded,or it won't make it.
Photos to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment